6:30 p.m. – Executive Session Anticipated – For the purposes of discussing Personnel Matters –
Principal of Myrtle H. Stevens Elementary School position.
A meeting of the Board of Education will be held on February 14, 2013 in the Council Chambers at
Pledge of Allegiance
Approval of Minutes
December 17, 2012 – Facilities Committee Meeting
December 19, 2012 – Special Board of Education Meeting
January 9, 2013 – Finance Committee Meeting
January 17, 2013 – Budget Workshop
January 24, 2013 – Budget Workshop
January 31, 2013 – Budget Workshop
- Audience Participation
- - Meeting Open to Public - This portion of the meeting is specifically set aside for comments from the public for items not on the agenda. Speakers are asked to limit their comments to two minutes on any topic. Comments concerning agenda items should be held until the item is addressed by the Board.
- - Report of Student Representatives – A member(s) of the high school student council will report on activities in the Rocky Hill Public Schools.
- - Report of Student Representatives from Griswold Middle School – Student representatives from Griswold Middle School will report on Activities
1. Consent Calendar
- Resignation – Eileen Touger, Bright Beginnings Teacher, Stevens School
5. Joint Facilities
6. Personnel and Negotiations
8. Education Foundation Presentation
Presentation by the Rocky Hill Education Foundation for Yearly Grant Awards.
9. Myrtle H. Stevens Elementary School Principal Appointment
Superintendent will recommend a finalist candidate for the principal position for the Myrtle H. Stevens Elementary School. Board action anticipated.
10. Adoption of Superintendent’s 2013-14 Budget Proposal Board action anticipated.
11. Discussion and Possible Action on the Naming Opportunity at Rocky Hill High School Board action anticipated.
12. Director of Finance & Operation’s Report a. Monthly Financial Report
13. Assistant Superintendent’s Report Mrs. Hourigan will report.
14. Superintendent’s Report Dr. Zito will report.
15. Board Chair’s Report Mrs. Coler will report.
All Meetings at Town Hall Council Chambers unless otherwise noted (dates/times subject to change)
February 18-20, 2013 – Winter Break (Teachers return on 2/20 for Professional Development)
March 21, 2013, 7:00 p.m., Board of Education Meeting
April 11, 2013, 7:00 p.m., Board of Education Meeting
April 15-19, 2013 – Spring Vacation
May 16, 2013, 7:00 p.m., Board of Education Meeting
June 17, 2013, LAST DAY OF SCHOOL (pending snow days)
Last day of school adjusted for 3 days closed, Oct.29 & 30, Jan. 16
June 22, 2013, 7:00 p.m., Board of Education Meeting