What's the weather?
The National Weather Service is calling for showers and possible thunderstorms between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Tuesday, and then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 5 p.m. Overall, Tuesday will be cloudy, with a high near 78. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
The rest of the week's forecast looks like this:
- Tuesday evening will feature a chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 11pm. Patchy fog will develop after 9pm. The low will be around 69 with a chance of precipitation of 80%.
- Wednesday will see showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 9am, then showers likely throughout the day, possibly producing heavy rainfall. Patchy fog will be present before 1pm. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
- There will be a chance of showers Wednesday night with patchy fog materializing after 7pm. Otherwise, the skies will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 67. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
- Thursday will have slight chance of showers and patchy fog before 11am. The skies will be mostly sunny, with a high near 84. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Thursday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 66.
- Friday should be mostly sunny-- high near 83. Friday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 64.
Stone and Paddle Grand Opening
Rocky Hill's new Stone and Paddle restaurant will hold its grand opening on Wednesday, Sept. 5. All visitors to the restaurant are entitled to a free slice of pizza. The Stone and Paddle is located at 154 New Britain Ave.
Public Buildings Commission to select architectural firm for high school renovation
The Public Buildings Commission will meet on Wednesday, Sept. 5, at 4 p.m. in the 2nd floor conference room of the . The primary item on the agenda will be hearing bid presentations from selected architectural firms for the high school renovation contract.
"Meet the Coaches Night" at Rocky Hill High School
The Rocky Hill Athletic Department will be hosting a "Meet the Coaches Night", on Wednesday, Sept. 5, at 7 p.m. in the high school auditorium. Whether you are a parent of an athlete or just a fan, come down and meet the men and women who will lead the district's athletic teams into battle in 2012-13. The high school's address in 50 Chapin Ave.
Library to screen Footloose
The Stepney Multipurpose Room of the Cora J. Belden Library will offer a FREE showing of the movie Footloose this Tuesday Sept. 4, at 6:30 p.m., Thursday at 6 p.m., and Friday 2 p.m. Re-experience Kevin Bacon and Gene Hackman in their classic roles.
About this column: Five Things offers municipal news, event information, fun facts, announcements and the weather. If there's something missing from the Five Things column that you think should be included, give Jeffrey Gebeau a ring at (860) 657-6839, or shoot him an email at email@example.com.