1. Well, I guess it has to rain sometime, right? Preferably not on the weekend, but maybe we're due after such an absolutely beautiful week.
There's a 30 percent chance of scattered showers or thunderstorms overnight between Friday and Saturday and then again on Saturday morning, according to the National Weather Service. But once we get that out of the way the sunshine returns until Tuesday.
Not too bad.
2. If you're into music from the '50s and '60s and love to look at some sweet rides, then the 4th annual car show at is the place for you this weekend.
, "There's plenty of fun to be had." That fun includes a 50/50 raffle, trophies and lots of food!
The proceeds of the event go to Seniors Have Dreams, Too, an organization that raises money to help provide for seniors citizens with limited resources. DaCorte wrote that is operates in a way similar to the Make-a-Wish Foundation.
3. Fall is in the air... or at least in the hours at the .
The library has started its fall hours and is now open on Saturdays from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. and on Sundays from noon until 5 p.m.
Stop by to sign up for a new library card, it is Library Card Sign-Up month after all. While you're there, thumb through the new arrivals or sign up for fall literacy class, Sunday is the last day to register.
4. OK, so it's not actually in Rocky Hill, but it's close enough so that if you want to finally get rid of that stack of papers that needs to be shredded or that pile of old cell phones and computer electronics you have an option.
The American Eagle Bank on Main Street in East Hartford is hosting on Saturday from 9 a.m. until noon. There are some restrictions - you can't dump your old air conditioner or dryer and only three bags of paper to be shred, please - so check the listing of the event in the Rocky Hill Patch calendar before you head out.
5. Driving through town this week I couldn't help but notice all the great parks in Rocky Hill.
I planted my behind at Elm Ridge Park for a bit on Thursday just because I couldn't resist the chance to sit under a tree with my newly purchased iced coffee and just relax for a bit.
So after your indoor activities are completed (get them done on Saturday morning when there's a chance of rain) head out to one of the great parks in town. You have multiple to choose from and can find a convenient list of them in the Rocky Hill Patch directory.
Have a great weekend!