1. Meh, not the best weekend, but certainly not the worst when it comes to weather. Did anyone see the magnificent rainbow? I caught a glimpse of a double one; of course I did not have my camera, though.
Anyway, the week ahead looks to be about the same as last week with the temperature in the mid-70s during the day and sunny to start, with a chance of showers mid-week and then wrapping it up with sun again on Thursday and Friday.
For more details check out the National Weather Service's website.
2. If you're curious about just what the Rocky Hill Education Foundation does, then you're in luck... the group meets on Tuesday night!
The meeting starts at 8 p.m. in the Board of Education office.
3. Have you ever considered becoming a foster parent? If so, you'll want to attend the Community Care Service’s therapeutic foster parent information session on Tuesday.
The group invites Rocky Hill residents to come to the session to hear more about the group's program and then decide whether becoming a foster parent is the right move.
For more information call (860) 372-4795.
4. Did you know that there is a special section on the town of Rocky Hill website that is set aside for special announcements?
Called What's New in Rocky Hill, this is where you'll find information about upcoming flu clinics, any traffic announcements, details on how to pay taxes with debit cards and copies of the 2012-13 municipal budget. Check it out.
5. OK, so it's not an actual activity, but it is something to do... donate you used and unwanted car to the Special Olympics Connecticut.
This does two things: it clears out your garage/driveway/backyard and gives it to an organization that will benefit from your generosity.
To donate a vehicle and find out more about the organization's “Recycle for Gold” campaign, call (855) 392-AUTO (2886) or visit www.recycleforgold.org