1. It's going to be a mixed bag of weather this week, according to the National Weather Service.
Expect sunshine Monday, but the rain clouds will move in over night and stay through Wednesday. The sun will return for Thursday and Friday but then for the weekend the chance of showers will reappear.
Overall, the temperature is expected to be in the low to mid-70s during the day and in the 50s overnight.
It looks like fall is here.
2. It's time to registered for the Rocky Hill High School's Band Craft Fair!
Although the fair itself isn't until December, you want to get your registration form in early as tables go quickly. But don't call the school for more information. Instead contact Donna at email@example.com, or (860) 571-8938.
3. Have you ever wanted to create beautiful quilts? Now is your chance. The Quilters of Rocky Hill Congregational Church meet each Wednesday morning from about 9 a.m. until noon.
Not an experience quilter yet? No problem. Spend some time with The Cut Up, a special section of the group established to help beginners learn the basics, including cutting squares.
4. Attention West Hill Elementary School parents, this week is Open House week.
The school will welcome parents and guardians of Kindergarten through second grade on Tuesday, Sept. 18, from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. On Wednesday, Sept. 19, parents and guardians of students in third through fifth grades are welcome at the school during the same times.
For more information head to the West Hill school's website.
5. If you live in the Whitewood Drive area and see a small, yellow and greenish male parakeet fly, or walk by your window please gently scoop him up.
The Bortolan family misses Thor, who has been missing since Saturday. If you have more information please contact Dan at (860) 563-3883.