1. After such a mixed bag of weather this past weekend, Mother Nature is going to be kind to us in Connecticut. According to the National Weather service, it's nothing but sunshine through Sunday. Now that is a fabulous forecast!
2. If you're , but don't have time to swing by your doctor's office you can always stop by the on Monday.
There is a free blood pressure clinic each Monday starting at 9:15 a.m. that lasts until 11:45 a.m. For more information contact the center at (860) 258-2772.
3. Sept. 11. It's hard to believe that it's been a 11 years since the terrorist attacks on this country.
On Tuesday, take a moment to reflect upon this nation's history, on that day 11 years ago (the weather was similar then to what it is predicted to be Tuesday) and on what the country has become since the planes flew into the World Trade Center, the Pentagon and crashed in a field in rural Pennsylvania.
4. Celebrate the special bond between grandparents and grandchildren all week at the .
From Monday through Friday, library staff has scheduled several special events that invite grandparents and their grandchildren to read and play together.
The week kicks off with a coffee hour and open house on Monday from 10 a.m. until 11 a.m. All off the programs related to the theme are held this week during the same hours. For a specific list of events consult the library's calendar.
5. The Rocky Hill Chamber of Commerce and the Rocky Hill Re-Employment Support Group are hosting guest motivational speaker and author Walt Hampton on Thursday.
The event will begin at 7 p.m. at the .
Hampton is an adventure photographer who encourages people to "live deeply. Live Freely. Love well," according to a flyer promoting the event on the chamber's Facebook page.